I only really write in lists, so here's my deal.
- I'm a full stack web engineer.
- I love to plan and cook elaborate meals. It really activates the engineering part of my brain!
- I have a non-traditional computer science education.
- Vim user but I actively encourage everyone to use something else. Using Vim in 2021 is a cool bar trick.
- Die hard Cleveland Browns fan and am convinced that we will win a Super Bowl one of these years.
- I currently live in Astoria, Queens. I didn't think I would settle down in Queens and love it as much as I do, but life is like that sometimes, I guess.
- I have a fat cat named Fonzie and I sorta have a tattoo of him on my arm.
I don't think I'll ever truly be happy with the layout of style of this site. I know what looks good but am uterly powerless to make something that looks good. Until I am happy, the 90s under construction gif will stay up.
A while ago, I decided to start journaling my feelings. Being a software engineer, I made an API out of it and put it on my website. The favicon for the site the emoji for my latest entry.
I felt good
- Very lazy day, slept in late and played games most of the day.
- Made a nice crispy gnocchi dish
I make a living developing web applications. I jump all around the stack and will do whatever it takes to ship. Need me to do some devops to get this feature out? I gotcha. Some CSS is making a button look bad? I'll do my best. A query running to slow? Stop, I can't deal with all this excitement.
GitHub contribution calendars are not a good indicator of whether or not someone is a good developer, but they are very pretty.
I wish I read more, but there are only so many hours in the day. These are the books that I'm reading right now. You can find me on Goodreads.
I listen to way too much music and I love to listen to full albums. Below is my current playlist of songs I have on repeat and the top albums I've listened to this week.
Twitter is my
vice social network of choice. It's been instrumental in developing my career. I started following other developers years ago, read their blog posts, followed the people they retweeted, and stayed up to date with the latest technologies. It also has funny memes, which are equally important to keeping up to date with tech.