Glad To Meet You!
My name is Eli I only really write in lists, so here's my deal.
- I am a 🧑💻full stack web engineer.
- I love to plan and 👨🍳cook elaborate meals. It really activates the engineering part of my brain!
- I have a 🤓non-traditional computer science education. I attended a vocational school in high school, taught myself web programming, bounced around colleges for computer science while working the entire time before deciding to go pro!
- I am a Vim user but I actively encourage everyone to use something else. Using Vim in 2021 is a cool bar trick.
- Die hard Cleveland Browns fan and am convinced that we will win a Super Bowl one of these years.
- I currently live in 📍Astoria, Queens. I didn't think I would settle down in Queens and love it as much as I do, but life is like that sometimes.
- I have a 😼fat cat named Fonzie and I sorta have a tattoo of him on my arm.
How I'm Feeling
A while ago, I decided to start journaling my feelings. Being a software engineer, I made an API out of it and put it on my website. The favicon for the site the emoji for my latest entry.
I felt good
- Fixed something at work by actually writing tests to make sense of it all
- Made a butter chicken that turned out okay
Do You Code?
I make a living developing web applications. I jump all around the stack and will do whatever it takes to ship. Need me to do some devops to get this feature out? I gotcha. Some CSS is making a button look bad? I'll do my best. A query running to slow? Stop, I can't deal with all this excitement.
GitHub contribution calendars are not a good indicator of whether or not someone is a good developer, but they are very pretty.
What I'm Reading
I wish I read more, but there are only so many hours in the day. These are the books that I'm reading right now. You can find me on Goodreads.
What I'm Listening To
I listen to way too much music and I love to listen to full albums. I mainly listen to hip hop, indie rock and emo music. Below is my current playlist of songs I have on repeat and the top albums I've listened to this week.