Staff Software Engineer📍 New York, NY 📍
- Led planning and contributed heavily to client launches of our e-commerce platform.
- Contributed to the development of a React SDK and provided technical support to customers and agency partners, enabling them to integrate our platform seamlessly and achieve their goals efficiently.
- Overhauled technical documentation efforts including that of a public REST API, generating automated documentation a Typescript SDK using Typedoc, and development of other platform documentation.
- Maintained and improved Next.js and Gatsby starter projects, ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for developers. This involved updating dependencies, implementing new features, and resolving community-reported issues.
Senior Software Engineer📍 New York, NY 📍
- Tech lead of two engineers for ZipJob transitioning to a statically compiled Gatsby/React site backed by Contentful CMS, increasing the Lighthouse score 55 points & enabling our marketing team to control all copy on the website.
- Frontend tech lead of three engineers for a Customer Portal, using TypeScript, React & Go that raised NPS 25 points & average customer revenue by $8 per order.
- Frontend tech lead of three engineers for a rewritten order management system, using TypeScript, React & Go that decreased our average time to order completion by 12 hours.
- Tech lead for a dynamic payment & order offering system for contractors which decreased our average cost to fulfill an order by $10 & increased our average payout to contractors by $7.
- Implemented SSO with OAuth across all applications company wide using Okta & Auth0.
Software Engineer📍 New York, NY 📍
- Instilled a culture of software testing into a consulting company that previously had none, reducing the amount of time spent testing regressions manually across the company.
- Developed large portions of Weber Shandwick’s MobileCommand, a public relations crisis management web application, and GemSafe, an insurance platform, using Python and Flask.
- Co-authored Fleaker, which is a collection of sensible defaults and extensions for the Flask web framework.
Web Development Consultant📍 Kent, OH 📍
Computer Technician📍 Kent, OH 📍
Student IT Worker📍 Kent, OH 📍
Provided help desk support for Kent State’s College of Arts and Sciences.
Web Developer📍 Cincinnati, OH 📍
Web Developer📍 Cleveland, OH 📍
Web Development Intern📍 Cleveland, OH 📍
Traveling IT Support📍 Canton, OH 📍
Provided IT support for customers in their homes and setup various internet cafés around Ohio.
Sales Associate📍 Wooster, OH 📍
Sold consumer electronics and cell phones in a retail environment.
Computer Science - Coursework Towards BS📍 Kent, OH 📍
Studied computer science, completed several internships & attended numerous hackathons. Accepted full time offer from Croscon before completion.
Interactive Media Cohort📍 Smithville, OH 📍
- Built complex web applications using React, Next.js, Gatsby, Remix, Flask, Django, Gin, and WordPress.
- Loves using AWS, Astro, GitHub Actions, Git, Linux, Serverless, SQLite, Tailwind CSS, and Vim.
- Has a love-hate relationship (that I will happily defend) with Ansible, Cypress, Docker, Google Tag Manager, Jenkins, jQuery, Okta, MySQL, SaltStack, and SQLAlchemy.
- Currently preoccupied with ChatGPT, React Server Components, product management, and a11y.
- Created Album Mode.party, a Remix application that recommends random albums from Spotify.
- Volunteered with Code Nation to teach web development to 10th graders during the 2022 school year.
- Presented technical talks at Remix NYC, QueensJS, and The New York City Vim Meetup.
- Alumni of HacKSU, Kent State’s hacker community and competed in numerous hackathons including:
- Earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2006.