- Built complex web applications using React, Flask, Django, Gin, Gatsby.js & WordPress.
- Loves using Vim, Docker, Git, SaltStack, GitHub Actions & Serverless.
- Has a love-hate relationship (that I will happily explain) with Ansible, SQLAlchemy, jQuery, Okta, Jenkins & Google Tag Manager.
Senior Software EngineerNew York, NY
- Tech lead for moving ZipJob to a statically compiled Gatsby/React site backed by Contentful CMS, increasing the Lighthouse score 55 points & enabling our marketing team to control all copy on the website.
- Frontend tech lead for a Customer Portal, using TypeScript, React & Go, that raised NPS 25 points & average customer revenue by $8.
- Frontend tech lead for our rewritten Expert Hub, using TypeScript, React & Go, that decreased our average time to order completion by 12 hours.
- Tech lead for a dynamic payment & order offering system for contractors which decreased our average cost to fulfill an order by $10 & increased our average payout to contractors by $7.
- Implemented single sign on through OAuth across all applications company wide using Okta & Auth0.
Principal EngineerNew York, NY
- Instilled a culture of software testing into a company that previously had none, reducing the amount of time spent testing regressions manually across the company.
- Developed large portions and was the principal engineer of Weber Shandwick's MobileCommand, a public relations crisis management web application, and GemSafe, an insurance platform, using Python and Flask.
- Co-authored Fleaker, which is a collection of sensible defaults and extensions for the Flask web framework.
Web Development ConsultantKent, OH
Computer TechnicianKent, OH
Student IT WorkerKent, OH
Helped provide help desk support for Kent State's College of Arts and Sciences.
Web DeveloperCincinnati, OH
Web DeveloperCleveland, OH
Web Development InternCleveland, OH
Traveling IT SupportCanton, OH
Provided IT support for customers in their homes and setup various internet cafés around Ohio.
Sales AssociateWooster, OH
Sold consumer electronics and cell phones in a retail environment.
Bachelor of Science - Computer ScienceKent, OH
Studied computer science, completed several internships & attended numerous hackathons. Accepted full time offer from Croscon before completion.
Interactive Media CohortSmithville, OH
- Presented talks at The New York City Vim Meetup and QueensJS.
- Former member of HacKSU, Kent State's hacker community and competed in numerous hackathons including:
- Earned the rank of Eagle Scout in 2006.